Stories From My Mind - The Library 1. It Saw Me

There’s an old library in my town that I’ve loved since a young age. This library has inspired a series of stories from me because it has an uncomfortable feel to it, like there’s something wrong with it. It’s subtle but it’s there.





1. It Saw Me
KDP Library Investigation
911 Call Transcript
Total call time – 12 Minutes 0 Seconds
911: “You’ve reached Krugersdorp 9-1-1, what is the location of your emergency?”
Richard: (Panicked whispers) “Uhm… Hello? I think it saw me…”
911: “I need your address, sir?”
Richard: (troubled breathing, panicked whispers) “I-I’m at the library, the big one near the town hall. It saw me… I know it did. You have to help.”
911: “That would be the old library on Von Brandis Street? Sir, are you sure this is your location? Who is looking for you?
[Low rumbling noises]
Richard: “Yes, yes I am. In the back on the third floor. It… it's looking for me.”
911: “Sir, I am sending out a patrol car to your location. Stay on the line -”
[Distant crashing]
Richard: “It's coming back. You have to help me!”
911: “What is your name, sir?”
Richard: “My na-? My name is Richard. I’m at the library and it's coming back… Oh God! It is coming back.” (Crying)
911: “Alright, Richard. Calm down. The patrol car is on its way. Just stay on the line with me. What number are you phoning from?”
[Scraping sound – like steel on cement or tar]
911: “Sir, your number? I need to know what number you are phoning from, please?”
Richard: (Hushed whispers) “I-I can see it now… It's maybe, three rows over. I'm hiding under a desk now. (Panicked) Please don’t let it get me.”
911: “You’ll be fine, Richard. Can you describe what you are seeing to me?”
Richard: “No. (Unintelligible mumbling)”
911: “No? Sir, you are saying you can’t describe -?”
Richard: “(Trembling, shaking voice) I-I can’t. I won’t… It knows. It's looking for me.”
[Sound of books crashing to the ground]
911: “What is happening? Sir, are you alright?”
Richard: “(unintelligible) ---ming for me. It's so close.”
911: “Richard, stay calm. Stay hidden. The patrol car should be there soon.”
(Roar/Howl, low, guttural sound with screeching undertones)
Richard: (Screaming) “GOD! No, it saw me.”
[Scurrying sounds, papers aflutter, books falling]
911: “Sir, sir are you alright? What is your situation?”
Richard: “It has me! No, no, noooo-gaaaaahhhhharg!!”
[Ripping sounds, sticky, wet, warm sounds]
911: “Richard? Richard are you there?”
[Gnawing sounds, like metal sawing through bone]
-Call Disconnected-
Patrol Car: “Dispatch, we are at the site where the library used to be but the field is as empty as it was when they tore down the building 5 years ago.”
911: “No sign of anybody? Anything?”
Patrol Car: “Nothing, just the field. Returning to HQ.”

911: “Alright.” “Shit… Richard… not again.”


I hope you all enjoyed that little story and be sure to check back for more creepy things sson.



-Vengi
Share:
spacer

No comments:

Post a Comment